Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

To Do List in a Day!!

Yep, it's the end of Christmas vacation and we're just getting to that to-do list. Blake and I decided that today is the day. I'm always a smidge cranky on the day before we go back to school so we figured today would be a little more pleasant than tomorrow.
I apologize in advance for the photography. I don't know how, but I even changed our paint colors in some pictures.
#1: Hang up wall decor
We haved had a pile of things to hang up since last spring. We have lived in our house for over three years and still don't like to nail in the walls. Today we nailed with a vengence. It kind of felt good. We had tried those no-nail Command hangers and they worked for a bit but a few things have came crashing down. We decided to just go for it. Hanging things on the walls is always an interesting adventure for Blake and I. He uses a lot more tools than I would need. I'm an eye-baller and he measures down to the nearest gnat's eyelash and whips out his level more than most home builders. I'm always thankful when we're done because you can tell he takes his time and it always looks nice.
Blake's doing one of his measurements to hang the "Grow Old with Me" sign between our bedroom closet and bathroom door. I think I was laying on the bed working on a Sudoku during this one.



Jenna made this sign last year. She's been patiently waiting for it to be put up in her room.



Lauryn painted these blocks three years ago. She has been on her dad to hang these for...three years.


Lauryn bought this sign for Jenna when we were in Leavenworth this summer. It says "Sisters From The Start, Friends From The Heart". We hung it above the door in their bathroom so they could both enjoy it.



In October of 2007, Blake and the girls went to Disneyland with some family. I had to stay back because of work. Blake's mom had this framed for me last year as a Christmas gift. It's pretty cute. We hung this in the den so I can get a good giggle when I'm working at the computer.



This doily and bonnet were made by my great grandma. The bonnet was actually made for my grandma when she was born. These are hanging on each side of the fireplace. (They are actually the same size but my trick photography makes them look like different sizes.)



This was part of my Mother's Day last year. I found this at Yellow Rose and Blake picked up on the hint during one of our trips out to buy plants. What a guy!!


My grandma took an oil painting class after my grandpa lost his life in an automobile accident. This is one of the paintings she created of the barn on her childhood ranch. My brother has a similar painting at his house.

My aunt Carrie gave this to us as a Christmas gift. I love what it says: "Your life may be the only bible some people read."





#2: Seal all the counters

I've been very good about sealing all the counters in the summer and over Christmas vacation. Last summer I somehow avoided the little chore. It usually takes me a good chunk of time because I've always done it by myself. Blake and I worked together tonight and we were quite a team. He was the main sealer and I would go behind and do the wipe/buff step. We did both coats in a fraction of the time it takes me by myself. It feels so good to have this done.




#3: Homework (correct 150 tests, correct late work, enter grades in computer, update Edline)

My homework has been consuming the kitchen table for a few days. I do a little each day. I'm still not done but hope to make a bigger dent tomorrow. I really could say some unkind words to those who make comments about teachers and the hours they work. I'd like to let them shadow me for a time and they might change their tune.


I have had a fantastic Christmas Vacation! The snow along with the good food and fun times with family were absolutely perfect!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Ugh, seriously...do we have to go back to work next week? How can I cope with a 5 day week? I need a 4 day to ease back into the work mode. And thanks for the update grades reminder. I guess I have 1 more day to finish that...

Lynn said...

Man do I feel lazy after reading this entry!! I did alot of nothing today (2 loads of laundry and some dishes, alot of Wii playing with Kampbell, we have become Boggle game junkies, and napping) I guess the last part is why I am up now posting at 12:50 AM :) I feel like I should go do something!!! You are probably sleeping soundly because you are exhausted-good job on all of your projects, now if I could only get to mine :)

Heather said...

Wow!! I feel very bad now about what little I got accomplished this holiday break.. Just kidding. It always feels good to get those little things done around the house.

Stacy said...

Ok, I'm inspired! I'm working on my list today. Just got home from church and the kids and Leonard are having friends over to snowmobile and sled. Gage and I will have the house to ourselves for the most part. I'm on a mission and getting things done!!! Love all the wall hangings! Hope you had a refreshing, restful break and are ready to face the kids tomorrow. How lucky they are to have you, my friend!

Ali said...

Glad you got all your projects finished! I am a total eye-baller, too, when it comes to hanging stuff up...I was laughing at that pic of Blake measuring :)
Hope your first week back at school goes smoothly and quickly!