Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Only One Saying Yum is...Me!

While I was a student at E.W.U. (Go Eagles!) my roommate and good friend introduced me to this simple and yummy recipe. I brought it home and shared it with my parents, who also find it quite tasty. Unfortunately though, Blake and the girls don't find it near as appetizing as I do.

I love that it has only three ingredients: sausage (or keilbasa), cabbage, and onion

I never in a million years thought I would ever take pictures of sausage and cabbage but I just felt compelled to. Now you get to look at them. This blogging makes us do some wild and crazy things! ;)


Here are the directions for this extremely easy recipe:
1. Clean and chop cabbage and onion
2. Slice keilbasa (this time I used Hot Link Sausage from Costco for a little kick).
3. Brown the keilbasa.
4. Put the cabbage and onion in the pan with the keilbasa and stir.
5. Cover and let cook until the cabbage is tender crisp.

Here is my plate! It was a lonely lunch.




Oprah once said that a healthy eater doesn't clean her plate. (She didn't say how much to start with though;) Does this count as healthy? (Can you tell I don't totally dig onions but love the flavor/!)


Thanks Karen for this yummy recipe. I lost my recipe for Cabbage Patch soup so if you still have it could you send it my way (pretty please)? That sounds really good too! Why am I craving all the foods we ate in college? Maybe I'm just dreaming of being the size I was back then.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay~I have to agree with Blake and the girls! I'm not sure I could bring myself to even try it. But, I am glad that you enjoyed it yourself!

Lynn said...

Well I'm in with you Lolli, I thought it looked great, in fact I thought it looked so great that I bought the ingredients tonight when we were at the store. We had breakfast for dinner, so I will try it tomorrow, at least for me and Jeff. I actually think the boys might like it. They love kielbasa and they like the cabbage salad with the ramen etc. We'll see :) Thanks for a new recipe to try!!

Amy said...

Come on over to my blog...I tagged you. Hope you are in the mood to play! ")