Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Papa Created a Monster!

This afternoon Lauryn and my dad ran up to Uncle Rich's for a bit. While they were there, Joe asked Lauryn if she had ever driven the cart. Well it doesn't take much to get my dad thinking. He and Lauryn are kind of a scary duo. They are always up to something. Well...within minutes the cart ended up with Lauryn behind the wheel. She had a blast!

After a little cruising they ended up back at grandma and papa's house. The rest of the afternoon Lauryn was begging to go drive again. When I mentioned that I needed to run to the store to buy ice cream, Lauryn's eyes lit up. She thought it would be a great time to show me that she can "drive". So...off we went.


I hopped out of the cart so I could get a picture. (Actually I was a little frightened to ride with her and wanted to see if she could really do it.)

I wish I had a video of this. She thought she was being pretty funny and was giggling up a storm. She came up to me and pretended to stop and then took off. I was thinking to myself, "please don't tell me I am going to have to run around the cemetary after this little joker".

Yep...I'm still trying to catch her.

Is she having fun or what?

She's starting to get a little comfortable so I decided to hop in. That's the look of "I'm gonna put the pedal to the metal".

Lauryn actually did really well with her "driving". I was a little nervous because before we left my dad quietly told me I might want to keep my hand on the emergency brake.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

How fun!! I love that cart and nothing like being behind the wheel with the wind whipping through your hair, flying fast. Oh, wait a minute, you're in a cart, in the cemetary :) Better keep it under control Lauryn! Luckily the residents stay out of your way!!! You are awesome with your new found driving skills.

We'll be waiting for you to come by and get us sometime for a "cruise" !!!! :)

Ali said...

You are such a fun mom with such fun girls! That Lauryn sounds like a hoot. Do you know where I could get a purple & gold cart for my boys? LOL.