Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

7 Random/Weird Facts About Me


Ali "tagged" me and wants me to share 7 random/weird facts about myself.
1. I have a huge fear of birds! I can't stand the sound of their wings flapping and I'm pretty sure they will peck my eyeballs out if I make eye contact.
2. I was the captain of the Prosser High School Drill Team. Yep...I wore the knee high white boots, short white polyester dress with a variety of overlays (corduroy, sequins, fringe, etc.). The thought of putting our dance leotards on now makes me just about vomit. It's a good thing I was a size nothing back then.
3. I still jump up on the bed at night. I don't know what I think is under the bed but I fear that it is going to reach out and grab my ankles.
4. Once, early in my teaching career, I was shopping at "The Bon Marche" and needed to take a little potty break. I placed a seat cover on the seat and pulled my britches down. I started to sit and noticed that the seat cover had fallen off. I turned around to get another seat cover and bent over to place it on the seat. Little did I know, the door had swung open and my bare behind was smiling at the two girls waiting in line. The really embarrassing part was that they just happen to be students at Housel, where I teach. Poor kids!
5. I love lemons! When I was a kid I would hop on my bike and go to the store. Instead of getting candy, I would buy lemons. After racing home I'd slice them up or peel them and douse em' with salt. Nummers! My dentist made me stop though. Not so good for the teeth. I still sneek one from time to time though. (Shhh...don't tell.)
6. I can say the alphabet backwards really fast!
7. My daughters are better at doing hair than I am. It's not quite how I imagined things. I always wanted girls so I could do their hair so cute. Well, once I had them (and their hair finally grew), I quickly learned that I'm not so skilled in that area. In fact, they will "do" my hair from time to time and I always receive compliments when they do it.
That's about all the useless information I can come up with right now. Sorry if it was painfully boring. I'll try to think of more and enlighten you at a later date. It's always nice to have something to look forward to;)
So now I am tagging: LynnnAmynKaranStacynMichelenKarinKaren
You're It!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay, WHEN I quit laughing at #4 on your list I will try to do mine :) That is a crack up!!! (I guess literally) I'm sorry ;( Thanks for the chuckle and a good post!!

Ali said...

That stuff was awesome! I jump into my bed at night, too - what you said about something grabbing your ankles is exactly how I feel! Thanks for participating Lolli! Have a great weekend!