Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is why....

you shouldn't spray paint in the wind!!!!

Yep...I want to say a cuss word right now. I have done a little procrastinating and now I'm paying.

We saw this great idea at a math conference. They showed us how to use tile spacers as a tool to teach integers. Well I cut 400 tile spacers to turn them from a "+" to a "-" and then was ready to paint. That was three weeks ago. I need the little buggers tomorrow so I had to get them painted today.

The wind had been blowing but it calmed WAY down so I decided to get this simple project done. Little did I know...it was the calm before the storm. I sprayed one side of the "-" red and had started on the black "+" when all of a sudden a hurricane strength gust of wind came up and sent the little red tile spacers flying all over the driveway.

At first I thought it was kind of funny so I ran and grabbed the camera. The humor didn't last long. I grabbed a couple of bowls from the house and started plucking sticky red spacers out of the gravel. I had about 200 picked up when I set the bowl down so I could use both hands and really get this job done. Well...a gust of wind blew the bowl over and I had to start over. That was about the time when the neighbor came to the fence and said "Don't you know you shouldn't spray paint in the wind?" It's a good thing I like my neighbors!






The good thing is I have one side of 800 tile spacers done! Now I just have to find a calm moment to do the other side. Hopefully they won't all be stuck together (since they were sticky when I picked them up) when I find the perfect conditions;)

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm sorry :( I spray painted Jeff's shoes in the wind last night and nailed my hands and the garbage can. Hope mother nature cooperates with you for the rest!!

Ali said...

I'm sorry too :(

Janice said...

Hey! Those look VERY familiar! I gotta say, since I did the same thing with my tile spacers...you gotta gauge the wind. Ah, have Blake rake the gravel, and you're good to go. They'll blend...maybe...

You know what's worse than spray painting 800 tile spacers? Flipping all of them over and spraying painting 800 more!! Enjoy! At the end, they look REALLY cool though! :)

Stacy said...

Thanks for the giggle!! You made my night just imagining how you looked. Wishing you a better week! LOL!

SunnyD said...

I'm totally laughing. And it's not really a sympathetic laugh...it's an "oh my gosh that's hilarious" laugh. I just just see you running around after a zillion microscopic tiles in the wind while taking pictures at the same time. So funny. I"m glad it all worked out in the end.