Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Thankful For...

this day to reflect on all my blessings!

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite day of the year! I love my family, good food, and a day to focus on all I have to be thankful for.

My brother is first-rate at barbequeing! This year he decided to barbeque the turkey on his Traeger. Last night the bird took a brine bath in a super tall bucket. This morning he got up and started smoking the turkey on his bbq. He had to turn the temp down while he was at football practice and then turned it back up when he returned. The bird was ready in perfect time for our 4:00 meal. I can honestly say this was one of the tastiest turkeys ever!

Jen must be hungry! We are still setting the food on the table and she's ready to go.

Hah Blake...I caught you sneeking an olive!


Jen's really eyeing those potatoes. They are her favorite!

Our Thanksgiving meal consisted of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams, corn, broccoli, marinated carrots, rolls, orange jell-o salad, olives, stuffed celery, pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate pie, and coconut cream pie. We found the cranberry sauce when we finished dishes and were putting leftovers away. I don't think anyone probably missed it except for my grandma. She'll just have more to enjoy tomorrow night;)

After dinner the girls put on a little show. They took turns "hiding" behind each other with their arms showing. They performed several chairs and lip syncs to some favorite Christmas music. They are pretty funny. Jen even (sort of) picked Lauryn's nose. She was trying to pretend and came a little closer than she anticipated.

We always end the day by watching "Christmas Vacation". I think it gets funnier every time we watch it.

No comments: