Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Chores

Blake loves to work! If he has nothing to do, he goes bonkers. When we went through counseling before getting married, we discussed what filled our tanks. Blake's tank is full when he's working. I don't think the "w" word was even mentioned on my list.

Today is the annual "blowing out the sprinkler lines" day. Doesn't that sound like fun? It's one of those projects that isn't difficult, but takes time.

Here is Blake doing something. He's probably told me 100 times but I still don't get it...so I just pretend I know.

This could have been a darn funny picture but my camera is too slow. He was checking the drip lines and the water was spurting out. I tried to get a picture because it looked like he was relieving himself from behind. I know, I find humor in strange places.


Yep...this is my garden. Isn't it sad? Last week Blake cut everything down and cleaned out enough to fill our dumpster. Today the rest of this is going. He kindly asked me not to plant so many tomatoes next year because it was a yucky mess under all of the plants. I am such a "just in case" planter. I always plant a few extra "just in case" some don't survive. Hopefully by next spring during planting he'll forget how gross the clean-up was;)


I snapped a pic of our "Burning Bush" as I was walking around the house...looking at how much work I have to do. Eeks!
I went outside to assess the work I have ahead of me. Last year I took a picture of every plant I have around my house. Each picture is placed in a journaling photo album. I took the album out to Yellow Rose and Brandi told me what to do with each plant. (The year before I wiped out a few...oops!) Some are chopped to the ground now, some I have to leave until spring, and some I have to cut after the first hard freeze. I really appreciate that I live in a small town where the buisness owners and employees really take care of us.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Are you for hire?? That is sooooo organized with the book, I'm lucky to get my things planted, I have no idea what their names are or when or if they should be pruned. They are lucky to get watered. I'm sure if plants could cuss at me, my ears would be burning non stop!!
The picture of Blake bending over is a crack up. Looks to me like he is getting sick :( Are you sure it wasn't a long weekend and he's paying for it :) What a guy getting his jobs accomplished, I think I could hire the both of you. Would you work for dinners????

Arianne said...

We have been doing the same thing at our house, we even painted the outside of our house! It's a huge amount of work to get a house ready for winter!!! It's nice to get it all done before it gets to cold!