Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Friday, November 21, 2008

I take it for granted!

I often take for granted how "normal" feels. I so appreciate it on days like today. I caught a nasty little bug that left me with a little squeak instead of a voice, a cough that could propel an organ, and simply made me feel wiped out. I should have kept my mouth shut because just last week I mentioned how I haven't been sick as much the last couple of years.

The really bad part about being sick today is that I had to miss Bunco. I was so looking forward to a night with my bunko friends. We were going to take a month or two off after tonight because of the busy holidays so I'm really bummed about having to miss it. I'm sure they are having a blast. It's hard not to with that group. I'm so thankful to have such neat people in my life. (Is bun_o spelled with a "c" or a "k"? I never know so I spelled it both ways.)

Tomorrow Lauryn has a basketball game at 9:00 in Prosser. We were then going to travel to Ellensburg because Jen had a 2:00 game scheduled. Several of the girls were not going to be at the game so it was cancelled. I don't think the forfeit will hurt us much this session;)

Since Jen's game was cancelled, we can now go to the Prosser Mustang football game against Othello. The players and coaches put so much into preparing for each game. Until Rich started coaching, I had no idea how much time the coaches put into to the program--film on Saturdays, meetings on Sundays, practice, more meetings, and games during the week. There are coaches on the west side tonight scouting games and then will drive back to be ready for the game tomorrow. I admire their passion for the game of football.

I will feel better tomorrow so I can cheer on the Mustangs!

Go Big Red!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Lolli! I'm so sorry you're sick :( We have been struggling with that same exact thing around here! The "cough that could propel an organ" really made me laugh...Hunter sounds exactly like that! I really hope you're feeling better today so you can enjoy your Saturday. Take care :)

Stacy said...

Hope you are feeling better. Everyone but the baby has gotten that nasty stuff and I just pray it stays away from Gage because his little organs don't have far to propel! And, I'm torn but I must say it...GO OTHELLO HUSKIES! (I do know what the odds are.) You understand I must cheer on my alma mater! I hope the weather is as wonderful as it was for us last night at Lampson as my mohawked nephew and his buddies beat Odessa! (They were so cute before they all cut their locks.) We had a great tailgate bbq in the parking lot afterwards. Hugs!

Stacy said...

Ok, "Mustang Power" woman...congratulations on your victory! Heard it was hard fought and an AMAZING game! On the bright side the Cougars won and my little cousin pulled it out of the hat for them with some great receptions in the last few seconds of regulation...whew!
Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lolli----My sister Karen gave me your blog address!! I loved seeing all the photos!! Merry Christmas!!
Kim :)