Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Monday, September 8, 2008

A Sunny Sunday in Seattle!




We stayed at a great hotel (Hilton Garden Inn) in Issaquah on Saturday night. I kind of get grossed out at hotels because I'm just never quite sure if the housekeepers really clean the sheets, vaccuum, etc.. This place had white duvet covers (unlike the multi-color floral or patterned stain hiding comforters at most hotels) that are washed for each new guest. The rooms had a flat screen TV and the most comfortable office chair. I actually worked on homework until 11:30 and didn't have any back or neck pain. That is totally amazing for those of you that know the struggle I've been having with that. There is a card in the room that gives a website to purchase the chairs. We all made bets on how much the chair is.


Lauryn: $30.00-$50.00


Jenna: $150.00


Lolli: $199.99


Blake: $349.00


Well unfortunately Blake was the closest. The chair was regular $920 but was offered to Hilton customers for $704.89. (Good deal huh?) Here it is! It's a beauty! I love to shop on the internet so now I'm on a mission. I will find this chair for a much lower price. (Positive thinking works...right?)


The girls had a great time in the hotel's pool. It was small but just right for them. Blake and I sat and visited while the girls made up a synchronized swimming routine. I don't think they made it all the way through once (and we watched it over and over and over) without stopping to laugh.
Another fine synchronized swimming maneuver.
Ta Da!
Careful Lauryn...a train's coming!
I hear the train a comin'...it's rollin' 'round the bend.

I just realized what a slow learner I am. I kept thinking "Why do they have a pig in front of Qwest Field? How stupid is that? They should have a Seahawk out here...not a pig." Well duh Lolli. The whole pigskin thing is just coming. I'm feeling pretty bright right now. At least I understood the 12.



"Hi. My name is Blake and I'm a Rockstar-aholic"

Blake loves his Diet Rockstar! We had to run to get a picture of him drinking his Rockstar next to the RedBull car before the light turned green. Wouldn't that little car be fun to cruise around in? Well...maybe not.

Jen and Lauryn outside of Qwest Field. It's too bad their mom isn't a better photographer!

We had the best time even though it was a quick trip. It's amazing how refreshing it was!



4 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like it was a fun family day in Seattle. That Blake cracks me up!

You are so lucky to have your girls so close in age to be able to play with each other. They will have so many wonderful memories of growing up together!

I think your photography was great!

Amy said...

Forgot to say...that chair is VERY COOL! Can't wait to see where you find it and the great deal you get. :)

Lynn said...

What a fun weekend. Those are the best spent hanging out in a hotel, (always fun to be somewhere else when you are a kid)swimming and especially the Mariner's game!! We didn't make it to one this year :( They are always a blast and a definate people watching time!!

Ali said...

Thank you so much, Lolli, for the comment on my blog...you don't even know how thrilled I was to know that Gordie is Blake's friend! What a small world, huh?!

I, too, sneak a peek at your blog every once in awhile...your girls are absolutely beautiful and seem like a lot of fun.

Well, thanks again. And have a good week!