Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Monday, September 1, 2008

The Alley Weanie Roasts are Back!

Every fall we have enjoy weanie roasts in the alley behind my mom and dad's house. The weather was cool and fall-like today so we thought we'd get a roastin'. The girls needed a little break from riding at the carnival so we trucked up the hill and started roasting. We didn't go all out though. No s'mores tonight. Lauryn is making sure her hot dog is cooked to perfection.
Blake and Lauryn fixing up their dogs.

No...you can't have her glasses! Jen was being silly. She can't stand to have smoke in her eyes so she put on these protective glasses. Jen finishing up her dinner. It looks like she has a little hot dog to go with her ketchup. (Oh yeah...the skunks in the background are fake.)
Mmmmm! I've never taken a picture of hot dogs before. These guys look yummy!

I am looking forward to more alley weanie roasts in the coming months.

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

I can't believe how grown up your girls are! All the years I would get to your mom's early for the great selection of clothes at the annual yard sale for Kaitlyn.... I think the year I had her I came home with 4 or 5 boxes worth. Where does the time go!

What a fun tradition though, lovin the glasses!

Lynn said...

what a wonderful tradition with your family! As my mom always tells me "you're makin' memories your kids will never forget" I sure try to keep a few of those traditions strong...I know they will mean alot to the kids one day! Great job Lolli:)

Amy said...

Jenna is sooooo stylin' in the clear shades! Wish we would've been in town that day! You know us...we would have just shown up without an offical invite and joined the party! :) You are lucky we were still in Olympia lookin for the darn dog! Even luckier that my wacky mother wasn't in town! What a ordeal that could have caused!!!!!!!