Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Soccer Saturdays!

Well...our Saturdays are officially filled until we take a break from basketball in December. Lauryn is in 3rd grade so her games have moved from Thursdays to Saturdays. Jen decided to give soccer another try (hasn't played since 1st grade) and her games are on Saturdays too. Most weekends we'll be able to watch both girls.

This past Saturday the Lower Valley Youth Soccer league had their fall jamboree. Jenna and Lauryn each had two games. Phew...it was rough sitting in a lawn chair all day;

During the first game (at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday) the snack mom brought orange slices for half-time and donuts for after the game. Yummers!Notice how many girls were listening to the coach during his half-time pep talk. Everyone knows that you can't eat orange wedges and listen...hello!!
This is a peppy group of girls. They have a team cheer that they must do before the start of each half. I'm sure the other teams are absolutely terrified of our soccer pep squad. They are so darn cute and were having a blast!
Here's Lauryn after her 1st game. They won...yippee!


I'm really not a bad mom but I only have one picture of Jen. Her age group moves faster than my old camera. It was only like 175 degrees out too! Her team had two games back-to-back in the heat of the day. I felt so bad for her after the second game. She came and sat down and started crying. Jen isn't a cryer so I was a little concerned. I asked her what was wrong and she said she had a blister. We took off her shoes and she was wrong. She didn't have a blister, she had many blisters. I felt so bad for her! Luckily Julaine had a first-aid kit in her car and she came to the rescue. She cut all the hanging skin (I am a gagger and couldn't do it) off and put some healing ointment on it. Thank You Julaine!!!!

6 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Soccer Saturday's were the best growing up!! And boy do I remember the orange slices at half time - made listening completely out of the question :-)

Hope the blisters are feeling better today!

Lynn said...

Poor Jen, I hope her feet are better today! Maybe we will catch one of Lauryn's games (between football) We don't have any soccer this year, seems weird!

SunnyD said...

I love the pictures of the team eating. That is sooooo youth soccer in a nut shell. It's like tee ball...snacks are the highlight.

I would like to see a video of this team cheer....hint, hint...

Amy said...

You know soccer is not my thing so when Tay decided to hang up the cleats (after one year) I was not disappointed (neither were her teammates).

I am glad Jenna is trying it again! The poor thing with all those blisters! I would've been crying too.

Miss Lauryn knows how to keep a group entertained. She will keep the cheers a comin' I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!! Tell Jen and Lauren that all that really matters is that their hair looks GREAT!!!! Kelli (their crazy stylist)

Julaine said...

You're so very welcome. Glad to be of assistance of course! lol
Hope Jen is feeling better soon!