Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Goofy Girls!

This past Saturday (as everyone is probably well aware), the Prosser Mustangs played for the state championship in the Tacoma Dome. Unfortunately, after a hard fought game, they lost by one point in double overtime. I could clearly see from where we sat that the boys gave it their all on the field. We are so proud of them and thankful to have had the opportunity to watch such a neat group of young men play a sport they love. It was a great season.

The girls decided to show their Mustang spirit by wearing Mustang capes that my mom made. (Lauryn's was actually a cape from a Little Red Riding Hood costume from a past Halloween.) Several years back a group of spirited high school gals started wearing them. It's kind of fun to see that is has spread to a larger -- less exclusive group. Lauryn even thought a little red and white face paint was necessary to finish off her ensemble. We quickly applied it in the ladies restroom before the game.

The girls kept the Mustang spirit going all night. They even wore the capes (and face paint) to the LaCrosse game at 7:30 that night. I could hardly wait to see Stacy, Leonard, Ashtyn, Gunnar, Abree, and Gage! I could only see Ash from a distance because she was down front cheering with the big kids. LaCrosse ended up winning their championship game by two points.



I bought the girls some "BillyBob" teeth for their daily mitten. I'm not really sure what I was thinking because the things totally make me gag. I can't stand the idea of having them in my mouth, or theirs for that matter. When Lauryn packed for Tacoma she must have thought it was imperative that she pack some extra teeth. (I often wonder what goes through her mind because she also whipped out a harmonica in the motel room.)
Here are a couple pictures of the girls wearing their new teeth.


I'm so lucky that these two sweet girls keep me in giggles.

Love you tons Jen and Lauryn!!!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

The teeth make the outfits! Way to show your mustang spirit girls, you looked GREAT!!

Ali said...

Okay, I am cracking up at the harmonica. That is too funny! Did you have to take it away from her after awhile? LOL. Hunter would do the exact same thing - that's why I pack his bags still :)

Sorry the boys lost :( We were sad when Kris texted us the news. But it sounds like you guys had fun shopping!

Amy said...

Miss Lauryn is SOOOO YOU! Her pulling out the harmonica for a little entertainment must of had you all rolling in the hotel room!

The thought of the teeth makes me gag too! But they are darn funny.

Ryan is still saying "I feel so darn sad for that Kirby Moore." They played darn hard and in a blink of an eye the tables turned on them!

Stacy said...

I love it...they are just like their mom! They looked adorable. Thank you Lauryn for entertaining Mr. Gage all nigjt! He was so intrigued by your red and white face and those lovely teeth. Put them all in your babysitting bag...you'll have the kids completely entertained!
We were so happy to get to see you guys in Tacoma! Wish it could have been a longer visit.
Hugs to my Prosser friends!