Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have! Friends are like four-leaf clovers...hard to find and lucky to have!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Go Bananas!

The Sunday before Christmas I forgot to prepare for the countdown to Christmas mitten so I grabbed a gift that I hadn't wrapped yet. It was the game "Banagrams". I know...it is one of the token educational Christmas gifts. I heard Kathy Lee Gifford talk about it on The Today Show and was tickled when I found it at Barnes and Noble. It has been a blast playing this game. Tonight I think Lauryn spent more time running back and forth to the computer trying to see if some of the words she created were "really words". This is what she was left with and yes...they really are words. Unfortunately she didn't win (I did for the first time) but she made a good effort. My mom, Jenna, and I had already put our game pieces away before we thought to snap some pics.

When the weather is more ice-creamish, I think I'll have the girls invite some friends over for a Banagrams bash with banana splits.

Lauryn is displaying the Banagrams game. It is great because it is very compact.

Here are Lauryn's words.

It's always fun to have a friendly competition and learn a little something at the same time!

5 comments:

Ali said...

What a cute game! Seems like something that's right up my alley. I love Lauryn's hair like that! Super cute!

Arianne said...

Sounds like a fun game, I think we might look for it! We all need to stretch our brains. Hope your family had a great holiday season.

Lynn said...

We love games in this house and this looks like a good one! I think we'll try it!!

SunnyD said...

SHE IS CRIMPED!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :)

Amy said...

We should plan a day for us and the girls (we'll leave Ryan home) and have a Girls Banana Game Day! That would be a GREAT game to use in a Language Arts classroom! It would have been perfect on days I used Apples to Apples. We could have had Fruit Salad Game Day! Guess it's up to someone else to take on that task now. :)